This crockpot coconut curry recipe is mildly sweet with a pleasant hint of spice. It’s made with simple ingredients and comes together quickly. Vegan and gluten free!
I’m hoping you haven’t noticed, but you probably have – you guys are a bunch of smart cookies. A lot of our recipes have curry in them and this one is no different. The love affair began when I was sick in Brooklyn that one Christmas and Indian food healed me, body and soul. I’m certain of it. And since then, curry has found its way into our lives almost on a daily basis. It’s not always in form of a steaming bowl of hearty, creamy stew like this recipe.
We would never claim to be experts on Indian cooking or Thai cooking. For that matter, we aren’t experts at any type of cooking. But blog has a way of pushing us out of our comfort zones and leading us to try things we might’ve never tasted otherwise. By default, we discover new favorite foods and flavors, which inspires us to work with them in our own kitchen. And inevitably, new recipes end up here for you to try. 😘😘😘
For a while, we were obsessed with French food. After Mexico, it was obviously, Mexican food. But for now, in the dead of winter, it’s sweet, sweet curry. Bonus: I hear it’s good for the immune system.
PS – This recipe is particularly exciting because we made a video for it! You can check it out here and, if you’re feeling super nice, share it, too! 🙏 Making videos was one of our 2016 goals and this is already our second one. We’re finally getting up to date with the times!
If you don’t already have a crockpot, we recommend this one from Amazon. It’s a great value and has the highest ratings!Print
Crockpot Vegetable Curry
Made with just a few wholesome ingredients, this mildly sweet, savory curry comes together easily in your crockpot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 1/2 cups yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 – 15 oz. can of whole coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Prepare vegetables as instructed above.
- Combine potatoes, carrot, peas, chickpeas, onion, vegetable broth, coconut milk, curry powder, sea salt, ginger powder, coriander, and red pepper flakes in a crockpot and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Serve as desired – we recommend spooning it over a bowl of fluffy, hot rice.
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 704.8 mg
- Fat: 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g