Can someone please come over and clean my apartment?
After camping all weekend and lazily unloading the car, here are a few things I have zero interest in doing today – unpacking, laundry (SO. MUCH. LAUNDRY.), organizing, cleaning, cooking. We just had a long, glorious Labor Day Weekend. How can I be expected to return to real life?
We’re keeping today’s recipe low-key because I’m a huge fan of easy (especially today) and I’m a huge fan of wraps (especially every day).
I used to make wraps in a simple sort of way. Start with the protein, then add cheese, then toppings, then sauce. That is not the best method – not by a long shot.
As you’ll see in the video below, the way to do it is to combine everything on a cutting board, chop it all together, pile it in the tortilla/wrap, add sauce and then wrap. This way, you get an even distribution of ingredients in every. single. bite. Score! 🙌
I could eat these wraps every day and not get tired of them. For maximum fullness, there is a boatload of protein (hello, sautéed, crispy tofu and chickpeas!) packed inside. Then we’ve got some of my favorite kinds of crunch – spinach and almonds and onions. All of this magic is mixed together in one of my favorite salad dressings – green goddess. (Yes, it’s store-bought. And yes, I contradicted myself.)
We all know, though, the best thing about wraps is that fact that all of the goodness is contained in one handheld vehicle for easy eating. 🙌🙌🙌
Side note – the mixture that goes into these wraps is also very good on its own. It’s like a big salad with all of the best things! Aaaaand it stays good in the fridge for 2-3 days, so you can fill many wraps with it.Print
Green Goddess Tofu Wraps
Loaded with tofu, chickpeas, greens, and tomatoes, these wraps are a healthy and filling lunch option.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main
- 1/2 cup extra firm tofu, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup spinach
- 2–4 Tablespoons green goddess dressing*
- Drain the tofu and press to remove excess water. Chop into small cubes, about 1/2″ by 1/2″.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil to medium. Add tofu.
- Season with salt, pepper, chili powder, chipotle, and cayenne. Toss to coat.
- Continue cooking for 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- On a large cutting board, combine all of the ingredients – onion, almonds, tomatoes, chickpeas, and spinach and roughly chop until everything is combined.
- Lay down the tortilla and scoop the filling into the middle. Pour desired amount of dressing. Fold up the edges and quickly roll!
- Cut the wrap in half (or don’t!) and enjoy.
*We love the vegan option that Simple Truth makes! You could definitely swap green goddess out for balsamic, Italian, Caesar, or any dressing you prefer.
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20.2g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 13.8g
- Cholesterol: 0g