Grilled Ratatouille Kebabs
This grilled ratatouille kebab recipe is a skewered version of a classic French recipe using summer zucchini, squash, and eggplant.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 kebabs
- Category: side
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 10 oz. baby portobello mushrooms
- cooking spray
- sea salt
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes, if desired
- If you’re using bamboo skewers, get them soaking in water for 3-5 minutes. This helps prevent burning and breaking.
- Chop ends off zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant. Slice zucchini and yellow squash into thin rounds – about 1/2″ thick. Slice eggplant slightly thinner, if possible – since it tastes the longest to cook. We sliced our eggplant in rounds, then cut the rounds into four quarters to make them close in size to zucchini and squash.
- Remove stems from mushrooms (and wash thoroughly.)
- Assemble your kebabs, layering zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, and mushrooms however you like.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Place kebabs on the grate and spray or brush generously with your favorite cooking oil. We like to use avocado oil for high heat cooking. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Rotate every 5-ish minutes and spray lightly with oil each time. Kebabs should be tender and cooked at about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with fresh basil and or chevré goat cheese. Dip in your favorite pasta sauce. Douse with your favorite pasta sauce.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and preheat oven to 375º.
- Arrange kebabs on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating every 5-7 minutes until veggies are tender and browning on the edges.
This recipe can also be made in the oven.
Line a baking sheet with parchment and preheat oven to 375º. Arrange kebabs on the baking sheet.
- Serving Size: 1 kebab
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 7.2g
- Sodium: 44.6mg
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24.5g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 0g