30 minute soup? With veggies and noodles? And it’s all in one pot? Yup. That’s exactly what’s going on here today. This is a 30 minute soba noodle soup recipe and it’s about to be your new weeknight go-to!
Two things before we get to the business of making soup: 1) this soba noodle soup is an older recipe. We originally posted it in 2014. I took new pictures and added in some updates to make the recipe easier to follow. And 2) This soup is 100% Clark’s brainchild. I said “I want soup” and he said “boom.” 20 minutes later, we were sitting down to dinner. Not too shabby.
As the recipe title implies, this soup is easy BUT more importantly, it seriously takes only 30 minutes to make. AND it’s all in one pot. I mean, hello guys. This is dinner magic and it’s about to make your life so much happier!
I love the tender carrots and the bok choy slivers that soak up the flavor of the soup. It has the slightest hint of spice – just enough, but not too much.
Go get your ingredients and make this Soba Noodle Soup, just make them ASAP and tell me what you think! Tag us in a picture on Instagram so we can share your magic on our stories!
Healthy Asian Soba Noodle Soup
Easy, low-calorie soup with Asian flavor and a hint of spice. Lots of delicious veggies and gluten-free soba noodles.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- 6 oz. soba noodles
- 1 medium onion [chopped]
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 24 oz. vegetable broth
- 3 baby bok choy [separated, washed, and cut in half long ways)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 medium carrots [thin sliced]
- 4 cloves of garlic [chopped]
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- In a medium pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and soba noodles. Boil for 5-7 minutes. Drain noodles and set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté onions and garlic in oil.
- Add broth, tamari, carrots, bok choy, noodles, and seasonings to pot with onions and garlic.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!