This easy, Mexican-inspired cauliflower rice recipe combines bell pepper, corn, black beans, and tomatoes for a delicious southwest flair. Vegan and gluten-free!
Well, we did it. Here we are in 2017!!!
Everyone is setting goals and making resolutions. Vowing to eat healthier. Stress less. Exercise more. etc. etc. etc.
While we’re talking about resolutions, what are yours? I wanna hear them! I’ll go first. 😘 I’m keeping it simple because I figure that the shorter the list, the more I can focus on each resolution.
- Eat more greens and raw veggies.
- Learn to better manage stress. As of right now, I tend to rely on my good friend wine to unwind at the end of the day. I’d like to do more coloring, journaling, and reading instead.
- Speaking of journaling, I want to fill a journal.
- Stop procrastinating. If it can be done right now, today – get it done. I improved in this area a bit in 2016, but I have a ways to go. Less procrastination = less stress.
Our together goals include –
- Saving enough to take a trip somewhere new for our 5-year anniversary. We’re leaning towards Cuba!
- Trying recipes from other bloggers and cookbooks, just for fun!
- Climb at least three 14’ers together. (Colorado is home to 53 peaks that are over 14,000 ft, including Pike’s Peak, and we live about 30 minutes from the trailhead. This goal will definitely require us to get in better shape. Altitude is no joke.)
And the blog comes with a different set of goals.
- Create monthly editorial calendars ahead of time and stick to the plan.
- Delve more into video – producing 2-4 per month.
- Connect better with readers – find ways to inspire commenting so I can have a conversation with you all!
- Improve our Instagram presence.
One of the most popular resolutions is arguably the “eat healthier” one. The main challenge to eating healthier seems to be, unanimously, a lack of time. If that’s the case for you, I figured I might be able to help. Firstly, by sharing today’s recipe, which takes less than 30 minutes to make and makes for great leftovers. You can easily portion it out and pack it for lunch this week. And second, I’ve created a 30 Minutes or Less board on Pinterest where you can find all of those recipes in one place. I’m also working backwards and tagging past blog recipes into the category for easy access.
I’m hoping this helps you stick to and achieve your 2017 resolutions/goals. If you have any other suggestions or recipe requests, leave me a comment!
I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to try cauliflower rice and I don’t know why I’m just now posting a recipe for it. But finally, finally here it is. (I promise to do better on that procrastinating thing!)
In all of its flavorful and secretly low carb glory, here is this Mexican-inspired cauliflower rice recipe.
If you make this recipe, let me know! Leave me a comment – and share your resolutions! Also, I love seeing what you make on Instagram, so tag me. :D
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 192
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Saturated fat: 1.2 g
- Unsaturated fat: 6.4 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.3 g
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 357.3 mg
- Fiber: 8.1 g
- Protein: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups cauliflower "rice"
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium. Add onions and sauté 3 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add green pepper and corn. Sauté 5-7 minutes until the green pepper has softened. Add tomatoes and beans. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower rice, taco seasoning, and broth. Stir to combine well.
- Cook 5-7 minutes until cauliflower rice is tender.
- Serve and garnish with fresh lime, avocado, or cilantro!