This smashed brussels sprouts recipe is the ultimate crispy, cheesy side dish. Just boil them, smash them, and top with seasonings and parmesan. They’re so irresistible, they’ll disappear off the table in no time!
Yuppppp – more brussels sprouts! I hinted at these on Instagram last week and I am PUMPED to finally share the recipe. Do you love brussels sprouts? Or do you think you don’t like them? Either way – I promise you’re gonna love these. I mean how could you not? They’re crispy, they’re cheesy, they’re salty, and they’re green so they’re definitely healthy.
If you didn’t already know, brussels sprouts are LIFE. They’re little green nutritional powerhouses that can be made a million different ways. I know that, obviously, because I have made them exactly that many times myself. 😉 They’re good sautéed. They’re good in pasta salad. They’re good with potatoes. They’re good in hash brown form. And they’re most definitely good smashed.
I’m really confused as to why it took me this long to think of making smashed brussels sprouts. I mean, smashed potatoes are good and smashed sweet potatoes are good, and brussels sprouts are good any which way. Hello, this is a no-brainer.
When you make these Smashed Brussels Sprouts, share a picture on Instagram! I love seeing what you guys make and posting it on our stories. 💓Print
Smashed Brussels Sprouts
This smashed brussels sprouts recipe is the ultimate crispy, cheesy side dish. Just boil them, smash them, and top with seasonings and parmesan. They’re so irresistible they’ll disappear off the table in no time!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 as a side
- Category: Side Dish
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts
- olive oil spray (or cooking spray of choice)
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Prepare brussels sprouts – slice off the rough base and remove the outer leaves. Wash thoroughly.
- Carefully add brussels sprouts to the pot and boil 15-20 minutes until the sprouts are very tender. Strain in a colander and allow to drain for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment. Place the sprouts on the sheet and smash! I use a pint glass for this. Once they’re all smashed, spray lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melty and the edges are golden brown + crispy. Remove and allow to cool.