This tofu breakfast bowl recipe packs a flavorful, healthy punch to fuel your mornings. Load the bowls up with toppings of your choice! These are great for meal prep!
Here are some facts for you –
If you don’t think you like tofu, this recipe is perfect for you.
If you’ve never tried tofu, this recipe is perfect for you.
If you love tofu, this recipe is perfect for you.
If you can scramble an egg, you can scramble this tofu and make these AMAZING breakfast bowls. It’s as simple as that!
These bowls come together in just a few minutes. Prep the toppings of your choice, scramble and season the tofu, build your bowl, drizzle with the spicy yogurt sauce, and eat! 😋😋😋
Just like that – you’ve got quick, healthy, southwest-inspired breakfast that will keep you full for hours. We are winning at breakfast this week, friends.🙌
This recipe is perfect for all you hard-working, dedicated meal-peppers out there. You can make a big batch of the tofu at the beginning of your week and store it in the fridge to reheat quickly in the morning. Most of the toppings will stay fresh all week long, too.
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 168
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated fat: 5.6 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 479.6 mg
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- dash of cayenne, optional
- 5.3 oz. container SoDelicious coconut yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- black beans
- red onion
- fresh tomato
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, sriracha, sea salt, and pepper.
- Drain tofu. Remove as much excess liquid as possible by pressing between paper towels.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to medium and add the block of tofu. Use a spoon or spatula to "chop" the tofu. Add seasonings and continue "chopping" and stirring until all of the tofu is seasoned.
- Continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, until all of the tofu is hot.
- Scoop the scrambled tofu into bowls and top with your favorite things!