This creamy, thick soup is made with pureed cauliflower and potatoes and flavored with aromatic garlic, onions, and herbs.
- 4 cups gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth (gradually add more if the soup is too thick for your liking)
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3, 1-inch sprigs of fresh rosemary
- goat cheese, optional
- In a large pot, bring olive oil to medium heat. Add onions and sauté 5 minutes until they become translucent. Add garlic and sauté 2-3 more minutes.
- Add broth to the pot and stir.
- Gently add potatoes, cauliflower, and rosemary. Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add sea salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until potatoes and cauliflower are soft – test with a fork for tenderness.
- Remove the pot from the heat and do not drain off the liquid! At this point, you will use an immersion blender to puree the ingredients or allow the mixture to cool slightly and mix it in a blender.
- Blend until mostly smooth and creamy, with small chunks still remaining throughout
- Serve with a garnish of rosemary, fresh cracked pepper, and goat cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 1600 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g