A creamy, buttery soup made with fresh peas and savory shallots – the entire recipe comes in at under 400 calories.
- 16 oz. fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1 small shallot
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Optional for garnish
- goat cheese
- Slice shallots and onions very thin.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in onions and sauté for 2-4 minutes, then add shallots and sauté for about 5 more minutes until they start to brown.
- Add vegetable broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the peas and return to a boil.
- When the mixture starts to boil, drop the temperature to a simmer and cook 8-10 minutes, or until the peas are soft.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Add to a blender and remove the center pour-lid, then cover it with a towel – this will allow the soup's heat to escape and prevent a blender blow-up!
- Blend on high speed until the soup is smooth and well-combined. It will look very liquid, but that's how it's supposed to be. It thickens as it cools and rests – by the time you enjoy it, it is the perfect consistency and loaded with flavor.
- Serve, allow to cool, and enjoy!
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 98mg
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Protein: 4g