Chocolate chip cookie dough made healthy and gluten-free, with a crunchy chocolate shell. Easy bite-sized treats to keep on-hand for sweet cravings.
- 1 - 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 t. stevia
- 3 T. agave or raw honey
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 c. chopped vegan chocolate or chocolate chips
- Chocolate Shell:
- about 1 c. vegan chocolate or chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients, except chocolate, for "dough" into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Empty "dough" into a bowl and fold in chopped chocolate or chocolate chips. We were fresh out of chocolate chips so we chopped up a bar of dark chocolate instead. Chocolate chips work just fine, if you have some on hand!
- Line a baking sheet or large plate with wax paper or foil. Use a cookie dough scoop or a spoon to create 1 1/2" balls and place them onto the sheet. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Melt about 1 c. of chocolate or chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- After cookie dough balls are chilled, plop them into the melted chocolate and roll them around, coating each them well.
- Repeat the dipping process until all of the balls are coated, setting each one back onto the baking sheet.
- Return to freezer or fridge to solidify the chocolate.
- Category: Dessert