This almond cake recipe is flavored with fragrant freshly squeezed orange juice. It's luscious, moist, and decadent, and secretly so easy to create!
- 6 cups Bob's Red Mill almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 navel oranges
- 4 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 - 14 oz. cans of whole coconut milk, canned and COLD
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- Add oranges (peel on) and 4 Tablespoons of orange juice to a blender. Blend on high until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Add honey, coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add orange puree from blender and stir.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir vigorously to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 350º and grease two 9" x 1 1/2" round baking pans. Divide the cake mixture evenly between both pans. Bake 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Allow to cool completely. I mean completely!
- Chill a large mixing bowl.
- I recommend waiting to make the frosting until you are almost ready to serve the cake.
- Carefully remove the cans of coconut milk from the refrigerator, being sure not to shake them up.
- Open the cans and use a spoon to carefully scrape off the hard coconut cream. Spoon it into the bowl.
- You can save the remaining liquid in the cans for smoothies, broth substitute, etc.
- With a mixer, beat the cream until it becomes light and fluffy and peaks form.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and quickly mix to combine.
- Place the frosting in the refrigerator until you're ready to ice the cake.
- You may need to give it another quick beating with the mixer if it's left to chill too long.
*If you prefer to skip the coconut whip frosting, I recommend a dusting of powdered sugar!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert