An easy, sophisticated idea for appetizers or dessert.
- 1 gluten-free French baguette
- 3 c. of peeled, diced apples [we used Golden Delicious]
- 2 Tbsp. coconut palm sugar/sucanat mixture [all of one or the other would work too]
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil (to lightly coat the baguette)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- rosemary for garnish [optional]
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- In a large bowl, mix together lemon juice, maple syrup, tapioca flour, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, ans sea salt. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of peeled, diced apples to the large bowl and toss until well-coated.
- Bake apples in a greased baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Slice baguette into 1/2" pieces and place on a baking sheet. Spray or brush with olive oil. Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove and plate slices of bread, then top with apple pie mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and garnish with rosemary sprigs. [optional]
Makes about 8-10.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Calories: 645
- Sugar: 81g
- Sodium: 464mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 139g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 7g