Ingredients for the Salad
- 1 head of bok choy
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- About 1 T sesame seeds
Ingredients for the Dressing
- 3 T. toasted sesame seeds [leave untoasted if you prefer a 100% raw salad]
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/3 c. white wine vinegar
- 2 T raw honey
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T tamari
- Pull the bok choy stalks away from the center one by one and rinse them to remove dirt and debris. Chop 8-10 stalks horizontally into 1/2" thick pieces, all the way from the white bottom to the top of the leaves.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped bok choy, carrots, and 1 Tablespoon of sesame seeds. Mix together. Set aside.
- Toast 3 Tablespoons of sesame seeds in a skillet over medium heat, tossing or moving them often to evenly toast them. [This step is optional. You can skip toasting the sesame seeds if you want to keep the salad 100% raw.]
- Add the toasted seeds and other dressing ingredients to blender. Mix until it looks like dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the bok choy and mix it thoroughly using salad tongs [or what ever it takes to get the job done]. For maximum flavor, cover the bowl and allow the salad to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or longer.