Healthy, easy pancakes – done in under 30 minutes! Hearty, fluffy, nutty, and caramel-y. Plus, they're vegan and gluten-free!
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup coconut milk, from carton (we like SoDelicious)
- 1 whole ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon of ground flax
- a pinch of sea salt
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- Add pecans to food processor and grind into a coarse flour.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, processed pecans, coconut milk, mashed banana, baking powder, vanilla, flax, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Heat a skillet or griddle with coconut oil on medium.
- Spoon the mix into the heated skillet, using about 1/4 cup per pancake.
- Cook until bubbles start to appear – about 4 minutes per side. Flip and cook for the same length of time on the opposite side.
- Top with bananas, fresh fruit, syrup, honey, powdered sugar, chocolate, etc.
Batter is very thick – not as runny as most pancakes. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the pancakes in the pan, or if necessary, add a bit of coconut milk to the batter and mix well.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast