A savory twist on the classic Reuben sandwich. Flavorful, melty, crispy and satisfying.
- Rye bread [1 loaf]
- 2 pounds of medium-thick sliced corned beef
- 8 slices of swiss cheese
- about 1 pound of drained sauerkraut
- olive oil for greasing griddle
- 1 cup of vegannaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black truffle oil
- 3 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix together and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Grease and preheat a pan, skillet, griddle, panini maker or whatever you'll use to cook your sandwiches.
- Lay out 2 slices of bread and spread a generous layer of sauce on one side of each slice.
- Add a slice of cheese to each slice, on top of the sauce.
- Add corned beef [about 6-8 ounces] on one slice and top with sauerkraut.
- Close sandwich and place in the heated griddle – pan should be heated on medium. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, until bread is golden brown and the cheese is melting.
- Allow the sandwich to cool for a few minutes before digging in.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 1314
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 4603mg
- Fat: 66g
- Saturated Fat: 26g
- Unsaturated Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 103g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 74g
- Cholesterol: 274mg