- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup pizza sauce or pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, or more as desired
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and grease lightly with olive oil.
- Prepare cauliflower by cutting it into large florets and then slicing it into thick cross-sections, like miniature cauliflower steaks. Arrange on the baking sheet and spritz or drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning over the cauliflower and place the baking sheet into the oven.
- Bake 20 minutes, then remove the baking sheet and flip the cauliflower "pizzas." Return to the oven and bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and switch the oven temperature to broil.
- Use a spoon to add sauce to the cauliflower, then sprinkle cheese over top. Return to the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool slightly, and enjoy!
If it's easier for you to use florets instead of slices, that's perfectly fine! It may require a couple of extra minutes of baking time – just keep an eye on them while in the oven.
- Prep Time: 5 mins