- ½ cup uncooked white quinoa
- ½ cup regular unsweetened or vanilla almond milk (or any nut milk of choice)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Rinse and drain the quinoa.
- Place the quinoa in a small pot
- Add the almond milk (or alternative nut milk) and coconut milk
- Sprinkle the cinnamon (the amount can vary, depending on your preference)
- Add the splash of vanilla and pinch of salt
- Turn on the heat, and bring the pot to a high simmer
- Cover with a lid and once bubbles excessively appear, reduce the heat so it is now at a low simmer (allow it to continue for approximately 15 minutes, and make sure you keep your eye on it! You don’t want the liquid to dry out)
- Frequently stir every few minutes, and lower heat further if bubbles continue to appear
- Add sweetener of choice, this could be honey, agave, maple syrup, monk fruit, or anything else you would like.
- After the 15 minutes, turn off the heat and remove the pot from the hot burner
- Allow the quinoa to sit and cool for approximately 5 minutes (until majority of the liquid has been absorbed)
- You can take a taste at this point! Feel free to adjust the flavor by adding any additional condiments/spices according to your own personal liking.
- Scoop the cooked quinoa into a bowl, and top with anything you would like.
Some great toppings include apple slices, cinnamon, shredded coconut, coconut cream drizzle, honey, flakey sea salt, cinnamon sticks, you could even add any additional fruits you like!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 80 mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowl