This vegan korma recipe is made with a medley of vegetables and a mild, savory blend of spices. It's easy, ethnic comfort food at its best.
- 3 cups yukon gold potatoes, chopped into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 bunch green onions (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup radishes, sliced
- 2 - 15 oz. cans whole coconut milk, well-shaken
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 oz. tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt (SoDelicious)
- 1 Tablespoon curry
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon sea salt
- In a medium pot, bring 5-6 cups of water to a boil. Add potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Boil until "al dente," about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large, deep pot, heat oil to medium-high. Add green onion and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add spices and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Add tomato, bell pepper, radishes, cashews, chickpeas, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Pour in broth and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes back in and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt until well combined.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan! Garnish with cashews and cilantro.
- Category: Main