A quick pasta dish made with a light, creamy vegan sauce and tossed with healthy vegetables.
- 2 servings of rice pasta [see post for my recommendation]
- 3 cups of mixed veggies [I prefer broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Frozen or fresh is fine.]
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion [sliced]
- 2-3 cloves of garlic [chopped]
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 can of whole coconut milk [about 12 oz.]
- 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- In a medium pot, warm about 1/2 cup of water on medium. Once warm, add veggies, a pinch of sea salt and a dash of pepper. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally. They should finish around the same time as the pasta and sauce.
- Now for the sauce! In a frying pan, heat olive oil on medium. Once heated, add onions and sauté until they begin to soften.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute, stirring continuously.
- Decrease the heat to low-medium and add vinegar, ginger, and salt. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Shake the coconut milk to combine well, then add 3/4 of the can.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and continue stirring for 3-4 minutes, then lower the heat to a simmer. Keep stirring occasionally to prevent it from scorching.
- This is a good time to cook your pasta. Bring water to a boil and add pasta. Cook for 6-8 minutes, depending on what type of pasta you use.
- Drain the pasta and veggies, then combine them in the largest pot [a separate glass bowl would also work] and pour the sauce over top. Use a big spoon to mix everything together and cover with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Mains