This crispy brussels sprouts recipe is completely vegan – no egg dipping necessary. The brussels sprouts are dipped in aquafaba, then panko, then baked until crispy. Oven fried!
- 1/2 cup gluten free panko
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- aquafaba – liquid from 1-15 0z. can of chickpeas
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, halved
Optional Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425º and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small bowl, whisk together panko, salt, paprika, and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the liquid from the chickpeas. Using an immersion blender or hand mixer, beat until it becomes foamy and frothy. You can use a whisk if necessary, but it will take longer and your arm will get SUPER tired. *See below for pictures of this process.*
- Dip brussels sprouts in the aquafaba and then toss in the breading mix. Place face down on the baking sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes, removing from the oven to flip halfway.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
For the Sauce
Add all sauce ingredients to a small mason jar and shake to combine. You can also whisk everything together in a bowl.
- Category: Side Dish