Crockpot Balsamic Dijon Chicken and Vegetables
This crockpot recipe combines chicken thighs, carrots, and potatoes for an all-in-one meal that cooks in a savory balsamic and dijon sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha (optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 pound chicken thighs**
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add veggies and chicken** to the crockpot. Pour in the sauce.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
**If you don’t eat meat, substitute 1 pound of extra firm tofu (cubed) for this recipe. The tofu will cook perfectly and absorb all of the delicious flavors of the sauce.**