Basic no more -- these deviled eggs are easy, flavorful, and inventive. Make them for your next party to give your guests a treat!
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 c. vegannaise
- 1 tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Mixture for beets:
- 3 c. water
- 1 small beet [washed and chopped]
- 1/4 of an onion [sliced]
- 1/2 c. vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 of one bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- For beet eggs:
- 2 tbsp. packed horseradish
- For sriracha eggs:
- 1/2 of an avocado [mashed]
- 2 1/2 tbsp. sriracha
- For chive eggs:
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives + 1 tbsp. for garnish
- Boil 12 eggs in a large pot for 12-14 minutes.
- In a separate pot, add water, beet, onion, salt, vinegar, sugar, bay leaf, and coriander and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until beet is tender.
- Allow eggs to cool after cooking, peel them and place 8 in a bowl with a little water in the bottom. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- Once beet mixture has fully cooled, pour it all into a large glass jar. Add the 4 peeled eggs that you left out and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring twice while they chill.
- After 2 hours have passed remove the 4 eggs from the jar.
- Slice all eggs in half and set them aside on a platter. Make sure to keep your knife clean in between eggs for a neater slice!
- Remove the yolks and add them all to a big bowl. Add 1/2 cup of vegannaise, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and 1 tablespoon of stone ground mustard and mix together until smooth and fluffy.
- Divide the yolk mixture into 3 small bowls.
- Mix horseradish into one bowl. Mix mashed avocado and sriracha into another bowl. And mix garlic powder and chives to the last bowl.
- Fill 8 egg halves with the sriracha mixture, 8 egg halves with the chive mixture, and the 8 pickled beet eggs with the horseradish mixture. We used Ziploc bags with a fancy frosting attachment to fill the halves, but you could also do it without the attachment. A plain Ziploc will get the job done, too! Enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer