Potato salad gets a fresh upgrade with tangy dijon, sweet potatoes, and black beans in this healthy, easy side dish.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup celery, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped finely
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- ¼ cup quality dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add a pinch of salt.
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into 3/4-inch square chunks.
- Once water is boiling, carefully add sweet potatoes. Cooking should take 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, olive oil, cayenne, white pepper, and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- While sweet potatoes are still cooking, prepare celery, black beans, and green onion.
- Boil sweet potatoes until fork tender and strain using a colander. Allow to cool.
- Once cool, empty potatoes into a large bowl, add celery, beans, onion, dill, and mustard combination. Stir to coat. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.
- Category: Side Dish
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 234 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g