A summer classic, made from the freshest berries and without Jell-o – simple and naturally sweet.
- 1 - 9 inch pie crust
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 3/4 cup water
- Bake pie crust.
- Remove the stems and slice half of your strawberries – these will line the pie crust. Set the other half aside.
- Use a fork or a food processor to thoroughly smash and mix the remaining half of the berries. You should have 1 cup of mashed strawberries afterwards.
- In a saucepan, combine pureed berries and 3/4 cup of sugar and stir until well combined. Continue stirring until the mixture starts to boil.
- In a bowl, combine 4 tablespoons corn starch and 3/4 cup water and mix well.
- Add corn starch and water mixture to the boiling berries and stir in.
- Continue stirring until the mixture begins to boil again. It should thicken to a sticky, jam-like consistency.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the pie crust, spreading evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours, until filling is solid.
- If desired, top with extra berries or fresh coconut whipped cream to serve!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert