This spicy tomato pasta dish is easy and requires just a few ingredients, but tastes fancy enough to fool anyone into thinking you're an Italian chef.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 - 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups whole coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 pound angel hair pasta, (regular spaghetti, penne, or linguine would also work)
- In a deep pot, heat olive oil to medium and add minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in tomatoes, coconut milk, and water. Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- If you have an immersion blender, blend the sauce in the pot for about 1 minute. This helps to puree some of the tomatoes and combine the sauce. You can also pour the sauce into a blender to combine.
- Bring the sauce to a boil and add pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with fresh basil.
If you don't like spicy food – dial back the amount of red pepper flakes or eliminate them completely. The dish will still be delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Main
- Calories: 382
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 702 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 11 g