This vegan miso soup recipe uses simple ingredients and comes together in under 20 minutes. It's better than takeout!
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups water (+ more for miso)
- 5 Tablespoons yellow miso paste
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (we used maitakes, but bellas or white mushrooms work)
- 1/2 extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- salt to taste
Optional for topping
- Zucchini noodles
- Nori or seaweed snacks*
- Drain tofu and press to remove excess water. (Sandwich it between a few paper towels and squeeze.) Chop into 1/2" cubes and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together miso paste and hot water until the paste is smooth and consistent.
- In a medium pot, bring 3 cups of water and 1 cup of broth to a boil. Decrease heat to simmer and add miso paste to the pot. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add tofu, mushrooms, and green onion. Cook on low 5 minutes.
*We used seaweed snacks instead of nori. They're $1 per package and we always have some on hand. Also available at any average supermarket!
- Category: Soup
- Calories: 36
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 643 mg
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.9 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g