This eggplant veggie burger recipe is flavorful, healthy, and so easy to make! Delicious right out of the oven, reheated from frozen, or on the grill!
- ½ of a medium eggplant
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ½ of a sweet white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 – 15 oz. can of cannelini beans [drained and rinsed in cool water]
- ½ c. millet flour
- ¼ c. whole millet
- ¼ c. fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450º and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Slice ends off of the eggplant and cut it into 1/3" rounds. Arrange on the baking sheet and spray or brush lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake 15 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove from oven and allow to cool. After the eggplant cools, roughly chop it so it will fit in your food processor. Save the baking sheet and parchment for later.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil to medium. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes, until tender and golden brown. Add garlic and sauté 3 more minutes.
- Empty onions and garlic into a food processor. Add eggplant, cannellini beans, millet flour, whole millet, basil, cashews, 1 tablespoons of olive oil, cumin, and sea salt. Pulse until the mixture is mostly smooth. Some small chunks of eggplant should still remain, but the mixture should be thick and moldable.
- Empty into a large bowl and use your hands to scoop out and form burgers. This recipe makes 4 large burgers or 6-8 slider sized patties.
- Arrange the burgers on the baking sheet and place into the oven. Bake 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway. They should be golden brown on both sides.
- Place the burgers on buns or wrap with lettuce. Top with your favorite things! I'm a fan of hummus, personally. ;)
- Category: Main