Dense, moist, nutty, and fragrant with spices, this pumpkin bread is perfect for snacking, for breakfast, and for drizzling with agave or honey.
- 1 cup gluten free flour mix [we like Wholesome Chow]
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or regular sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup organic canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup vegannaise
- optional for topping: pecans, almonds, honey, agave
For flax eggs:
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 6 tablespoons of water
- Preheat oven to 350º and prepare small loaf pans by spraying with olive oil. We used two small pans, 5" by 2 1/2".
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax seed and water and mix together using a fork. Set aside while it sets up. It will become gelatinous and egg-like.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Combine flax eggs, mayonnaise, and pumpkin in another bowl and mix well.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir together until well combined.
- Fill the loaf pans with the mixture and pop them into the oven. Bake 30 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick near the center and remove it cleanly.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Snack
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 8 grams
- Sodium: 200 grams
- Fat: 6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 22 grams
- Protein: 2 grams