Easy, healthy blueberry muffins with a delicate sweetness and dense texture. Gluten free and vegan! Makes 6 jumbo or 12 regular muffins.
- 1 cup coconut milk [from carton]
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 flax eggs [2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons of water, mix together]
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 packet of stevia [about 1/2 teaspoon]
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil [melted]
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line muffin tins with wrappers or use olive oil and flour to grease pan.
- Mix quick oats, oat flour, coconut sugar, and stevia in a large bowl.
- Combine flax and water in a small bowl to create flax eggs. Mix together and set aside.
- Combine coconut milk and apple cider vinegar in a medium bowl. Mix together and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Add coconut milk mixture, coconut oil, and flax eggs to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix together using a fork until combined.
- Scoop a small spoonful of batter into each muffin compartment. Add 3-5 blueberries, then cover with more batter until about 2/3 full.
- Top with additional blueberries by gently pushing the berries into the batter [optional] and bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Category: Breakfast