This light pasta dish involves fresh bay scallops, artichoke hearts, and a creamy, decadent-tasting white wine sauce. It's ready to serve in under 40 minutes!
- 1/2 head of cauliflower [3 cups after boiled]
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup regular coconut milk from carton, not canned [we use So Delicious brand]
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 8 oz. black bean pasta
- 8 cups water
- 1 - 15 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- In a large pot, bring water to boil.
- While water is reaching temperature, wash and chop cauliflower into large florets. Once boiling, add cauliflower to the water along with 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium, add minced garlic and thyme. Sauté until cauliflower is done cooking – 8 to 10 minutes. Set skillet aside for cooking scallops later.
- When cauliflower is tender, drain it and save back 1/2 cup of the water from boiling.
- Add cauliflower, sautéed garlic, water, 1 teaspoon each of sea salt and black pepper, coconut milk, white wine vinegar, and blend until smooth.
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil and add a pinch of salt. Add pasta and stir occasionally.
- In the skillet we used earlier, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, bring to medium heat, and toss artichokes into the pan. Stir them around until heated, about 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully toss scallops into the hot skillet and stir frequently until cooked through – about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cauliflower sauce and continue stirring.
- Drain pasta and then toss into the skillet to coat with sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1150 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 42
- Cholesterol: 26 mg