The perfect side for grilling out and bringing to summer gatherings. Easy to make, minimal clean-up, and full of mouthwatering southwest flavors. Much safer and easier than potato or egg salad!
- 1 - 15 oz. can of black beans
- 1 - 15 oz. can of pinto beans
- 2 tomatoes, on the vine or roma
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- a pinch of allspice
- Drain black and pinto beans and pour into a large bowl, preferably one that's portable and has a lid! [What dirty dishes?]
- Add sea salt and mix with beans.
- Dice the onion and add to the bowl.
- Chop tomatoes into 1/2 pieces and toss into the bowl.
- Dice the avocados into 1/2 pieces and toss into the bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the bowl.
- Add seasonings and mix everything together until well combined. If needed, add a hint more salt.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Side Dish