Tangy goat cheese and fresh pesto are a match made in heaven – especially when you add summer heirlooms and sandwich it all between crispy, whole grain bread!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons chèvre
- olive oil spray
- Heat your panini press to medium-high.
- You'll use 2 tablespoons of pesto per sandwich, so spread that amount on 2 slices of bread and set aside.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4" thick slices and layer them on top of the pesto-covered slices of bread.
- Crumble and sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of goat cheese over the tomato'd, pesto'd slices.
- Layer spinach over the goat cheese and top with another slice of bread.
- Spray your panini press with olive oil and gently place sandwiches into the panini press.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the bread is crispy and browned. Every sandwich press will vary!
- Slice diagonally, or in half, or into quarters and enjoy!
- Don't have a panini press? A waffle maker will get the job done! Just spray with olive oil and cook until crisp and golden-brown. No waffle maker? Use a skillet! Heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium and toast both sides of the sandwich.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Mains