Crisp veggies and bright flavors of cilantro and lime make this cold Thai-inspired noodle salad a bright and healthy side dish.
- 2 vine tomatoes, sliced and seeded
- 2 bell peppers, julienned
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, packed
- 4 green chillies
- juice of 3 limes, about 1/2 cup
- 3-4 Tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cane sugar
- 14 oz. rice noodles
- Prepare vegetable ingredients as described above.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook rice noodles 4-5 minutes until they reach desired consistency. Drain the noodles. Rinse in a bowl of cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, cilantro, lime juice, chilies, sugar, and peanuts.
If you can't find fresh green chillies, substitute for jalapeños or serranos.
- Category: Salad
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 716.1 g
- Fat: 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.3 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g