These crispy, crunchy curly fries are made of spiralized parsnips and spiced with a blend of curry, ginger, and cinnamon.
- 5 medium parsnips [5-7 inches long, 2-3 inches in diameter]
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 415º and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Wash parsnips and chop about 1/2 inch from the tops [the widest end].
- One at a time, fit parsnips to your spiralizer and get to work!
- Using a knife or your hands, break up the parsnip curls into 4-5 inch pieces. Nobody wants to eat a 3-foot long curly fry, am I right? Place the spiralized "fries" in a large bowl.
- Mix seasonings in a small bowl.
- Add olive oil to the parsnips and toss to coat them. Then add seasonings and toss until coated again.
- Arrange fries on the baking sheets, as evenly spread out as possible.
- Bake 15 minutes, until they start to turn brown and look crispy.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Snack
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 1100mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g