An easy, healthy recipe for kale salad with garlic and lemon dressing. White beans provide plenty of protein as a bonus!
- 6 kale leaves [destemmed and chopped]
- 1 can of white beans [drained]
- 4 cloves of garlic [minced]
- juice of 1 lemon [about 3 Tablespoons]
- 1-2 Tbsp. cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh black pepper
- 1. Wash kale leaves thoroughly and remove the tough stem. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine kale leaves, beans, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- 3. Serve and enjoy!
- We used great northern beans, but cannellini, kidney, or garbanzo beans would work just fine.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 591
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0