Bite-sized chocolate truffles in a chocolate cup. Easy to make, healthy, vegan, and gluten-free!
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 ripe avocadoes
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 + 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- Pinch of sea salt
- Raspberries, strawberries, cherries, etc. for topping
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or rig up your own with a glass bowl and sauce pan.
- Set mini muffin cups on a cookie sheet and spray the inside of each with the olive oil spray.
- Fill each cup with about 1 1/2 teaspoons of chocolate and do your best to cover all of the inside of the cup. (Rotating the cup and allowing the chocolate to do its thing is the easiest technique)
- Freeze the shells on a baking sheet for 45 minutes.
- While the shells are freezing, make the filling. Add all ingredients into a food processor and switch between high and low speeds for about a minute until silky smooth.
- Fill a piping bag (we used a piping tip with a quart-sized zip lock bag) with the chocolate filling.
- Remove shells from the freezer and remove the paper cup. Fill each cup and top with a raspberry or any other fruit if desired. Freeze for 1 hour and enjoy!
The freezer is your best friend for this recipe. In between removing the paper cups from each chocolate shell, return the rest of the shells to the freezer.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert