Easy, no-bake protein bars – vegan and gluten-free! Chewy brownie crust and thick peanut butter layer, with a chocolate drizzle and hemp-seed topping. 16 grams of protein per bar.
- 1 1/2 c. gluten-free oat flour
- 6 dried apricots
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. brown rice syrup
- 1 c. gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 c. gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 c. vegan chocolate protein powder [we use Garden of Life RAW]
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- 1/2 c. peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 flax egg [1 tbsp. ground flax + 3 tbsp water, mixed together in a small bowl]
- 1/4 c. agave or raw honey
- 1/2 c. + 2 tbsp. coconut milk [from the carton, not can]
- Topping [optional]:
- 1/3 c. vegan chocolate chips
- +/- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- Combine ingredients for crust in the food processor until a crumbly, thick dough forms. Dump into a bowl and set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients for the next layer. Use a fork to mix well.
- Combine flax and water in a small bowl, stir, and set aside for a few minutes until it starts to gel.
- Add agave or honey, peanut butter, coconut milk, and flax egg to the dry ingredients. Mix roughly using the fork, then add mixture to the food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth – adding more coconut milk if it is too dry. It should be thick and sticky when you're finished.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment. Dump crust into the pan and press it out as evenly as possible. It helps to use a miniature rolling pin or the bottom of a drinking glass!
- Dump the next layer on top the smoothed crust and spread it out. Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty – this recipe calls for it!
- Set the pan into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- If desired, make the chocolate drizzle while the bars chill. Melt 1/3 c. vegan chocolate chips in a double boiler.
- Lightly drizzle the chocolate across the bars and sprinkle hemp seeds over the top.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Category: Snacks
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 13 grams
- Fat: 10 grams
- Carbohydrates: 38 grams
- Protein: 12 grams