This One Pot Ratatouille Pasta recipe is an unbelievably simple gluten free and vegan dinner dish. The rich flavors of ratatouille all come together in one pot and it's done in under 40 minutes!
- 1 package Modern Table Red Lentil Rotini Pasta
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups eggplant, cubed small (1/2" cubes)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped into half moons
- 1 cup yellow squash, chopped into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 – 15 oz. can whole coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian Herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast (more if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (more or less to taste)
- Prepare veggies as instructed above. For zucchini and yellow squash, chop off the ends and slice in half lengthwise. From there, slice into "half moons" about 1/4 thick. For eggplant, chop into cubes about 1/2" square.
- In a large nonstick or cast iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil to medium. Add eggplant and cherry tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes, the eggplant and tomatoes should be softening. Add zucchini and squash – and another tablespoon of olive oil if necessary – then sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes. At this point, use the back of your spoon or spatula to gently smash the tomatoes. Add in the garlic and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Add coconut milk and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta, herb seasoning, red pepper flakes, nutritional yeast, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cook 12-15 minutes until pasta is al dente and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: pasta, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, meatless, dinner, healthy, lentil pasta, ratatouille, eggplant, squash, tomatoes,