Easy slow cooker oatmeal with healthy apples and cinnamon. Prepare at night and enjoy in the morning.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (I used SoDelicious vanilla, from carton)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 apples (cored, peeled, diced)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Optional for Topping
- Additional cinnamon or brown sugar
- Chopped nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.
- Fruit such as banana slices, fresh apple, or berries
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with oil thoroughly. This step is very important!
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker – oats, coconut milk, water, apples, brown sugar, coconut oil, cinnamon, and sea salt. Stir to combine well.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours depending on your cooker. Some take longer and some are faster. We recommend trying a test run during the day to see how long your slow cooker takes before trying overnight.
- Serve and allow to cool. If desired, add toppings of your choice.
Be sure to use STEEL CUT OATS. These are heartier and take longer to cook so they are better for slow cooking.
Experiment with different flavors and fruits.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 83mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg