The ideal gluten free and vegan pancake made easy. Light and fluffy with a subtle vanilla flavor, these are perfect for every day or special brunches.
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk [I used So Delicious brand's original flavor]
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 c. white rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- olive oil spray
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and use a fork to mix.
- In the coconut milk/vinegar bowl, add vanilla, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Use a spoon to mix until smooth. The batter should be thick, but still able to be poured. If it seems too thick, add more coconut milk until the consistency is right.
- Heat a skillet or griddle on medium-high heat. Spritz lightly with olive oil spray.
- Scoop pancake batter into 1/4 cup circles onto the cooking surface. Make sure the first pancake creates a good sizzling noise when the batter hits. Cook until a fair amount of bubbles appear on the surface, then flip and cook for 2-4 more minutes.
- Repeat until you're all out of batter!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 10 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g