Savory-sweet french fries made from healthy rutabaga. Low calorie, easy to make, and complemented by two delicious dips.
- 4-5 rutabagas [peeled, and sliced medium]
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic [minced]
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Chipotle Dip
- 4 tbsp. vegannaise or mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Sriracha Ketchup Dip
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. sriracha
- Wash and peel rutabagas, then cut into french fry-sized pieces, about 1/4" by 1/4".
- Preheat oven to 425º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss chopped rutabaga, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Mix together using hands under the fries are lightly coated.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, removing once or twice to stir fries around on baking sheet.
- To make the sauces, combine the ingredients for each in a small bowl and mix using a spoon.
- Category: Appetizer