Smoked salmon, mushrooms, and a creamy basil avocado mayo sauce atop gluten-free sourdough and toasted to perfection.
- 8 oz. thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 5-6 cremini mushrooms (thinly sliced)
Basil Avocado Mayo
- 2 avocados
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- capers to garnish
- Make the basil avocado mayo. In a small bowl using a fork, combine mashed avocados, mayonnaise, lemon juice, basil, salt, and cayenne.
- If your bread isn't sliced, slice it into 3/8" thick slices. At this time slice the mushrooms as well.
- Oil (Important!) and turn on your panini maker or waffle maker (we used a waffle maker).
- Spread the basil avocado mayo on the slices of bread.
- Next, add a layer of salmon to the bread.
- Lastly, add a layer of mushrooms.
- Place the tartine in your oiled panini maker or waffle maker and close the lid. Be sure you don't smash the tartine though.
- Let cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Top with fresh capers and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Calories: 2668
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 4901mg
- Fat: 134g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Unsaturated Fat: 103g
- Carbohydrates: 247g
- Fiber: 37g
- Protein: 135g
- Cholesterol: 240mg