Salted Chocolate Granola Bars – EASY to make, homemade granola bars. And cheaper than store-bought. Can be made with vegan chocolate!
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup puffed brown rice*
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 + 1 Tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º and line an 8" x 8" square pan with parchment paper. set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, puffed rice, oats, almonds, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the almond butter, applesauce, brown rice syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mix and combine thoroughly with a rubber spatula. Transfer the mix to the prepared pan and use the back of the spatula to spread the mixture evenly into corners and sides of the pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool and cut into 2" squares.
This recipe makes 16 - 2" x 2" squares.
*If you can't find puffed brown rice, check your cereal aisle for rice cereal similar to Rice Krispies. We use Arrowhead Mills puffed brown rice.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Snack
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 34.7 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g