Sautéed in a sticky glaze, this bok choy has just enough crunch and a mouthwatering mixture of spicy and sweet.
- 3 heads of baby bok choy
- 3-4 green onions
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons sriracha
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- Wash bok choy thoroughly and chop into quarters, lengthwise. Chop green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, sriracha, salt, and ginger powder until well-combined.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet [I recommend using a cast-iron if you have one!] on medium-high heat.
- Place bok choy and green onions into the pan.
- For the next 5 minutes, gently stir everything to prevent sticking. If you notice the oil drying up, add 1 to 2 more tablespoons to the pan.
- After 15-20 minutes, the bok choy should be softening.
- Pour in the sauce mixture into the pan and stir. It should sizzle quite a bit – this is normal.
- Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes as the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and serve. This would be great over rice or quinoa!
As a side, this will serve 3-4 people.
This recipe can be made on the stovetop or on the grill – I recommend using a foil tray if you're going the grill route.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Side
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 11.2 g
- Sodium: 468.7 mg
- Fat: 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.4 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g