These sweet and spicy chickpea lettuce wraps are filled to the brim with flavor, protein, and fiber. The whole recipe comes together in under 20 minutes. They're great for lunch, dinner, or meal prep!
- 2 - 15 oz. cans chickpeas (drained, rinsed, and dried)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 cups zucchini noodles (optional, but yum!)
- about 1 head of romaine or butter lettuce
- Add oil, tamari, made syrup, sriracha, pepper, ginger powder, and sesame seeds to a mason jar. Shake to combine.
- In a large skillet, add chickpeas and sauce. Sauté 10-12 minutes and then remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.
- If using zucchini noodles, spread a layer into the lettuce leaves. Then top with chickpeas.
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 326 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg