Swap pasta for sweet potato noodles to gain vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber – the creamy, Thai inspired peanut sauce is simple to create!
- 5 cups spiralized sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can whole coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 4 Thai chiles (optional)
- chopped peanuts for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- Bring 2 tablespoons of oil to medium heat in a large skillet. Add sweet potatoes, 1 teaspoon of salt, and vegetable broth and toss to coat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the sweet potato noodles from the skillet – set them aside in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and return to medium heat. Toss scallions and garlic into the pan and saute for minutes.
- Add lemongrass paste, ginger, and thai chiles and continue to stir.
- Add peanut butter, tamari, and coconut milk and stir to combine. Cook the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally – the sauce will thicken in consistency.
- Return the sweet potato noodles to the sauce and toss them to coat thoroughly – tongs work best for this.
- Serve the noodles and garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro, etc.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 3.9g
- Sodium: 306.5mg
- Fat: 14.9g
- Saturated Fat: 9.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0g