- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 inch chunk of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons green curry paste*
- 1 Tablespoon lemongrass paste*
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce*
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar*
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon red chili flakes*
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk, whole canned
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except olive oil (turkey, green onion, ginger, cilantro, garlic, green curry paste, lemongrass paste, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Mix together using your hands until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment – this will be where the meatballs rest before frying.
- Form the mixture into balls about 2 tablespoons in size and roll between your hands to shape. Set aside on baking sheet as you finish.
- In a large cast iron or nonstick skillet, bring olive oil to medium high heat and add meatballs carefully to the pan. Cook 6-7 minutes and then turn to brown on both sides. Watch closely to prevent them from sticking to the pan. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet where you cooked the meatballs, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bring the pan to medium heat and add green onion. Sauté 4 to 5 minutes until the onions are softened and translucent.
- Add minced garlic, chili flakes, and curry powder. Continue stirring as the garlic softens.
- Carefully pour in vinegar and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Shake coconut milk thoroughly and then pour into the pan, stirring to combine. Increase heat until the sauce is at a low boil.
- Add meatballs and simmer until meatballs are hot. Serve over rice or noodles as desired and garnish with fresh cilantro.
If you don't have fish sauce in your pantry, simply use the same amount of soy sauce instead.
If you don't have soy sauce in your pantry, simply use the same amount of soy sauce instead.
If you don't have rice wine vinegar in your pantry, you can substitute white wine vinegar.
Green curry paste can be found in most grocery stores – check the asian/ethnic food section.
Lemongrass paste can also be found in most grocery stores – check the refrigerated section near the fresh and dried herbs.
If you're not a fan of spicy food – ease up on the red chili flakes. To me, this dish is not "spicy," but there is a subtle heat to it. It can be easily dialed back by using half the amount of chili flakes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Main
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 622
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 18 g