This method is the quickest way to roast spaghetti squash. It takes just 30 minutes to cook (compared to 1 hour or more when cooking whole or halves) and it creates perfectly spaghetti-like strands!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- olive oil spray (or other cooking spray of choice)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (more or less as desired)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (more or less as desired)
- Preheat oven to 375º. Chop the squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and guts.
- Place halves cut side down and slice horizontally. These slices should create half moons about 3/4" to 1" thick.
- Arrange half moons on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spritz with olive oil or cooking spray of choice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes, remove from oven, and use a fork to strip the "spaghetti" away from the squash rind.
You can add any seasonings that you like to the squash before cooking. I like to add Italian seasoning, garlic, cayenne, chipotle, etc. depending on what I'll be using the spaghetti squash for.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side dish
Keywords: squash, spaghetti squash, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, oven roasted,