Crispy gluten-free waffles that are ready in under 25 minutes. A sweet-tart raspberry lemon syrup is the perfect topping.
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk, from carton (not canned!)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 c. white rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon [optional]
- olive oil spray
- Raspberry Lemon Syrup:
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cups raspberries [frozen or fresh]
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and use a fork to mix.
- In the coconut milk/vinegar bowl, add vanilla, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Use a spoon to mix until mostly smooth.
- To make the raspberry syrup, combine ingredients in a medium saucepan and heat on low. Use a fork to smash the berries and stir until the mixture is very liquid. Set aside for later, when you smother your waffles in it.
- Preheat a waffle iron on medium. Spray lightly with olive oil.
- Scoop about 1/3 c. of batter into the iron and cook for 2-3 minutes. Time will vary depending on your waffle iron.
- Drizzle raspberry syrup all over your stack of waffles and enjoy!
This waffle batter is thick! Don't let the texture fool you, that is what gives the waffles their perfect crispy outside and dense inside.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast