These vegan pumpkin breakfast cookies are loaded with healthy grains, crunchy almonds and pepitas, and chocolate chips. They come together in one bowl in less than 25 minutes.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped or slivered
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 flax eggs*
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and preheat the oven to 350º.
- Make flax eggs and set aside.*
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add wet ingredients and stir to combine. If necessary, use your hands to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Form the cookies into balls, about 1/4 cup of the mixture in each. Arrange them on the baking sheet and press down to flatten.
- Place the sheet into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown and crispy on the bottom.
- They keep for 3-5 days – enjoy!
*How to Make a Flax Egg*
– In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon ground flax and 3 tablespoons water.
– Stir together to combine. Let rest until it thickens. For this recipe, you'll need to double the quantities.
*The Difference Between Rolled Oats and Quick Oats*
– You need to use both types of oats as recommended in the recipe because they act differently and play an important role.
– Quick oats are cut thinner and rolled flatter. They cook more quickly than rolled oats and have a different texture.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 175.9 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.9 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g